Monday, September 15, 2008

Joshua turns 8! Can you believe it?!




I sure can't. He's still my first born, but no longer my baby. Joshua is now 8 years old and in 2nd grade. On his birthday, we watched some video of him as a baby. (I have several tapes of it, seeing as he is the first and all. Probably have nothing of Elijah. Sorry!) I can't believe how time flies! He was such a precious baby! Who has now turned into a very handsome young man. So much so, that he has girls chasing him at school. Yes, I was somewhat unprepared for that to happen so early. But we can deal with it. He still isn't interested. Thanks goodness!





Next week we are going to the Braves game. That is what Joshua wanted to do for his birthday. But we also wanted him to be able to spend some time with friends. So, we had a small party for him. He invited 3-4 friends who came over and played games and had cake and ice cream. It was a lot of fun.

Even Elijah and Zach got in on the fun.

It's just hard to believe that he is growing up so fast. He is using words that most 2nd graders don't even know. (Don't worry, not curse words!) He is so intelligent and so versed in baseball. After all these years, he is still immersed in baseball cards and want to be a major leaguer when he grows up. We are trying to help him achieve that dream as much as we can. We love him very much and consider ourselves blessed to be his parents!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

I can't believe you have an 8-yr-old! Happy birthday to him and have a wonderful time at the Braves game...I miss Atlanta so much : (