Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Catch Up

Wow!  Take a night or two off and then suddenly I realize it's been over a week!
Everything this week got straightened out.  JJ spent one day in ISS for NOT pulling a chair out from under another child, who wasn't hurt.  Elijah designed his experiment and I let him type it up to turn in to his teacher.  JJ was then accused of hurling homosexual slurs during class.  (Does he even know any?)  I was never contacted by the school.  Just JJ telling me he was called to the office and interrogated again.  Nothing ever came of that so I assume all is well.

I took JJ to the orthodontist on Monday to get a date for taking off his braces, after over 2 years.  Only to find out that they have OVER corrected his jaw with the rubber bands!  Now he has had to reverse the rubber bands to get his jaw back to where it should be.  (His bottom teeth were in front of his top teeth.)  So he goes back in 4 weeks.  Hopefully to find out when he will get them off again, maybe.  Elijah has to design an advertisement to lure people to the new Georgia colony founded by James Oglethorpe.  Only he can't tell me anything about the colony: why they started it, what would be appealing to others to make them want to come.  He can only tell me who started it.  Sometimes I worry about him.  Sometimes I wonder if his SPD is just a small symptom of something larger.  He has a very difficult time relaying information from school to home, answering an essay question on a test, etc.

Anyway, we have started a project for the month of November.  I am having each of the kids write down each day something they are thankful for.  I'm hoping it will help them realize all they have and just foster a grateful spirit within them.  So far, so good.  I am loving what they are coming up with.

No comments: