Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Life is about learning

The Julian home has been fairly quiet lately.  Shocking, I know, having 3 growing boys.  We are just working, going to school, doing homework, and trying to find time to have some fun.

Joshua continues to practice baseball 4 days a week getting ready for the spring travel season.  He got a new bag and wood bat for Christmas and is enjoying breaking them in.  We are trying to determine the right dose of meds for Zach and I dread sending him to middle school next year. 

Elijah turns 8 on Friday and he is ready.  Every day at the bus stop he looks at me and says, "4 more days", or "3 more days".  He's so cute!  I'm having some issues with his teacher and some inconsistencies that are going on in his classroom.  He needs routine and predictability wit his disorder that he isn't getting right now.  He's doing ok, but I think he could do better in the proper environment.  I go back and forth between online school or something like that but haven't been able to justify taking them away from friends and social interaction.  He has a check up on Monday.  I'm going to talk to his pediatrician more about his condition and find out what other areas of life it will affect.

I'm still back and forth about my job.  I asked for the week of spring break off, usually a busy time at work, so that we can take a family vacation.  (Maybe to Montana!)  I'll wait to see if they actually let me have that time.  If not, I guess I have my answer.  Still no word from the Braves yet either.  Everything is up in the air so I'm still praying for direction.

I will be attending a women's Bible study each Wednesday starting January 22.  I am excited about that since I don't really get to go to church much.  That will be my fellowship/study time.  Hopefully schedules will change soon so I can attend church with my family more often.

No comments: