Sunday, October 20, 2013

Lazy Sunday

I played hookey from work today.  Well, sort of.  I woke up not feeling well and just knew that I wouldn't be able to be pleasant to people on the phone today, so I called in sick.  Sparky and my other boys have taken very good care of me.  I think I just got run down from my life and needed some rest.  Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

I'm looking out my window as I watch the Falcons on TV and see a gorgeous fall day.  I just wonder why all my kids are moping around inside saying that there is nothing to do or constantly wanting to do something in front of the TV.  (Yes, I'm in front of the TV but I'm resting.  :)
This happens a lot.  If we don't suggest something ELSE for them to do, screens are what they resort to as a default. 
Thankfully, a whirlwind of imagination hit just as I was getting frustrated and my middle son suggested that they get their fishing poles (yes, my kids have poles) and head over to the pond to fish.  That even got Joshua interested in repairing his pole so he could go too!  PTL!  Hallelujah!
Elijah, however, is still on the couch watching WWE videos.  He's always a bit harder.  But it's at least a start.

I find myself lately a bit dissatisfied with my life.  Don't get me wrong, I'm very blessed.  I sometimes just wish I was doing more with my life.  My job is fine, but it's just for making money.  I don't necessarily enjoy it or derive satisfaction from it.  It has kept me from attending church with my family for almost 3 months now and I'm starting to feel the effects.  I began attending the women's Bible study on Wednesday as a substitute, but it just isn't the same.  I'm not sure how much longer I can do this.  But I need to for my family's benefit right now until things get more stable financially.  We all make sacrifices for our families.  This is mine.

On a more positive note, I am very excited that the Red Sox will be returning to the World Series.  I just hope I can stay awake to see the entire game.  I've missed the ends of them all so far because I just couldn't keep my eyes open.  A bit more motivation to stay awake now, though.

That's it.  Not many thoughts today.  Missing my parents, as always and wishing we had better relationships closer.  Maybe one day.

No comments: