Monday, October 7, 2013

The trip

I was up at 5:15 am today to say goodbye to my beloved JJ, 13 years old.  He left this morning for a 3 day field trip with the PROBE program at his school.  They will spend 3 days at Jekyll Island doing various science related this and having fun.  I'll pick him up at school on Wednesday night.  It was a bittersweet moment when he left.  He's growing up and I know I need to let him.  I'm so excited that he's worked hard and is able to have this opportunity.  On the other hand, he's only really been off on a trip once before with our church  over a weekend.  I'm just not used to this yet.  However, he is rooming with some baseball buddies and friends from school, so I'm sure they will have a blast!  I can't wait to hear about it when he gets home.  I haven't heard from him, so I assume he is just having so much fun....

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, things are quiet here.  Eerily quiet, as Steven put it.  All my boys can be loud and chatty, but Joshua tends to be the most talkative.  He would definitely be talking baseball and why which team should do what and what his fantasy teams are doing.  (Also, he's missing RAW!)  Zach and Elijah watched some baseball with us and then went on to do their own thing in Zach's room.  Those guys are great!

It postseason baseball time and there were 4 games on today.  (Still waiting for one....Go Braves!)  So did homework and ate dinner in front of the TV watching the games.  Zach and I made brownies that turned out to be quite good.  That sweet boy wants to save one to take to his teacher.  Love him!

Speaking of Zach, he has been diagnosed with inattentive ADD.  We will start him on medication on Saturday and see if that helps.  We were at the dr. on Thursday.  Friday I got an email from his teacher stating that he was having a much harder time lately staying focused and getting things accomplished.  I'm praying that this medication helps him.  I'm frustrated and I can see that he is frustrated with himself.  I feel so helpless!  But this 4 year journey has finally come to something, some type of diagnosis.  Since 2nd grade I've been going here and there, talking to this dr. and that and the school trying to get him some help.  Finally, he got it.  I hope this works!  He is so smart!  Thankfully his teacher sees that and wants to help him too.  Today he came home wearing the cell Tshirt that he made at school.  He was giving me a science lesson on plant cells.  I was quite impressed.

Well, gotta go.  The Braves are about to start!

No comments: