Tuesday, August 12, 2008

First Day of School

Yes, it finally came. Were we ready?? I think so. Joshua got a little nervous the night before, as he usually does with new things. But he was just fine when I dropped him and Zach off at school yesterday. Zach, excited to be starting, looked a bit lost. Thankfully, Joshua helped him and made sure he got to his classroom. What a great big brother!

And yes, I cried after I dropped them off. There goes my Zach. Never again will I have him at home, all to myself. He's growing up, just like Joshua. Now he has larger chunks of his day that I am not a part of. I will only know what they experience IF they decide to tell me. I'm just used to knowing everything they are involved in. But that is part of parenting and letting your children grow up. I realize that they need me less and less each day, and I am trying to teach them that. But I don't like to think of it that way.

Both boys had a great time their first day. Both said their teachers were nice. Both met some new people in their classes. And both rode the bus home. I took video of them getting off the bus. I'll post it when I get the chance. Elijah and I missed them, but we had fun together, just me and him again. I'll start working next month, so there won't be very many days of that. I am trying to enjoy it now.

So, now I am the mother of 2 elementary school students. It hardly seems possible. Zach and Joshua are getting so big. They are growing so fast and learning so much. And they are such a delight and joy to be with. I only wish my parents could have lived to see this day....and many others......

No comments: