Monday, August 4, 2008

Joshua first roller coaster ride

Yes, it's true. I never thought I would say it about Joshua, my extremely cautious first born, but he LOVES roller coasters! Steven was able to take him to Six Flags this past weekend. (Joshua got a free ticket through a reading program at school.) THEY HAD A BLAST! I truly thought that they would stand in line and then, at the last minute, Joshua would change his mind. That's just the way he is sometimes. Boy was I wrong! (And I'm glad!) He ended up riding the Dahlonega Mine Train, Wile E Coyote, bumper cars, Scream Machine, Georgia Cyclone AND the Mind Bender (it goes upside down). I couldn't believe it! I am so proud of Joshua! Before they left, he told me he didn't want to ride anything that went upside down. So, when they called me from the line of the Mind Bender, I said, "Put your father on the phone." Joshua looked at Steven and said, "I think we're in trouble." Apparently Joshua had been watching and wanted to try it. So they did...and he loved it! I'm so glad. I love roller coasters too. At least I used to. It's been a while and I've gotten older. Not sure how I would do now. Anyway, I am very proud of him for doing that. And I'm glad that he and Steven got some time together.

Meanwhile, Zach, Elijah and I went to the pool and swam. Elijah screamed a bit in the beginning, but not near as much as last time. By the end, he was jumping in to me off the side. It was a lot of fun. Then we just hung out and played GameCube. It was good for us.

1 comment:

Naomi Smith said...

I love technology! Its so good being able to talk to y'all on facebook and read a bit more about your life on here too - it reminds me of when I was out there living and working with you guys... and those are some great memories! xxx