Thursday, August 14, 2008

In memory of Gary Wesley Hall aka Daddy

This is my Daddy. Today would have been his 65th birthday. Unfortunately, he didn't live to see it. My dad died 4 years ago of lung cancer. I miss him terribly. He was a strong, quiet man with conviction. I didn't really get to know him very well until after my mom died and he was forced to be the one talking. We had 3 years together without mama before he died. I wouldn't trade it for anything. (I often wondered why my mom had to die first, if at all. Now I know. I never would have known my dad as well if he had died first.)

Today I am missing him. He was always there for me and my family. And one of the things that I hate most is that my kids don't know him (or my mom). Joshua has a few memories of him . Joshua was 3 1/2 when he died. Zach was almost 1 so he only knows what I tell him about Grandad. Elijah only knows the pictures. And that he just learned recently. I think my dad would have LOVED being around while my boys grew up. And I know they would have LOVED him. He was a big teddy bear. He would do anything and everything for them. I truly feel as though my kids are missing out. But I tell them all that I can about him. He was a very special man...and the best Daddy anyone could ever wish for. I rest now, 4 years after his death, in knowing that he is with Jesus and my mom. He is not missing her. He is not wondering what to do with his life. He is not in anymore pain. He is free. He is happy. He is in heaven.

I love you and miss you Daddy! Happy Birthday!

No comments: