Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sheer Frustration

I love my kids.  I really do.  They are sweet, smart, loving and friendly.  And they each love their mama.  I wouldn't trade any of them for anything in the world.  However, that doesn't change the fact that they can frustrate the fool out of me.

Like I said, each of them is very smart, but they can behave so stupidly at times. Bill Cosby said children were brain damaged.  I'm beginning to think he was right.  Perhaps I expect too much of my kids.  Perhaps I expect them to think through things like an adult and they aren't there yet.  I'm not sure.  Maybe instead of working on them, I need to work on me.

One thing tonight was just the fact that Joshua wanted to tell about something that Roddy White (Falcons football player) was tweeting.  The only reason this bothers me is because I can't get him to talk to me about school, his friends, etc.  But he's more that willing to talk about what football players are tweeting or what WWE superstars are doing out of the ring.  I guess I should just be happy that he's talking to me.  After all, he will be a teenager is just over a week.

 Again, maybe it's my expectations that need to change.....

No comments: