Thursday, August 8, 2013

I DID IT!!

It sounds very silly, but I am actually a bit proud of myself......not to be egotistical or anything.  Today was my first day of work taking phone calls entirely by myself.  And I did it!  5 1/2 hours of questions, reservations, discounts, etc.  And I did it!  There were some bumps along the way.  I was even nervous on my way in to work this morning.  But once I got the first few calls out of they way, it wasn't so bad.  Back at it again tomorrow.

About 30 minutes before my shift was over, I heard the extraordinarily loud sound of rain pounding on the roof of the building, then thunder.  Sure enough, when I got outside to head to my car, it was pouring rain.  I ran as fast as I could in sandals in rain to my car, stepping in several large puddles along the way.  I finally got to my car with wet clothes and soaked shoes and feet.  And, of course, I needed to go to the grocery store.  Always when it rains.  Thankfully it was much lighter when I left the store than when I got there.  So off to pick up the kiddos.

I got in the pick up line at the elementary school around 2:45 pm, approximately 35 minutes before school even lets out....and I was not first in line.  I might have been about 7th, I guess.  I sat there playing games on my phone and waiting.  More hubbub when my kids had to come around to the driver side in the rain to get into the car.  They are getting to know me now though.  The lady (who said something yesterday) helped my kids around with an umbrella and was telling another inquiring mind that my passenger door doesn't work.  I apologized, again, and stated that I am looking for another car.  It is definitely beginning to be a problem and I rather have another car (this one is almost 10 years old) than spend an arm and a leg to fix the door.

So no baseball tonight.  Zach, Elijah and I are watching the end of Twister in my room (they are enjoying the intense tornado action at the end) while Steven and Joshua (who made the Peachtree Ridge 13U travel team!!!!!!) are watching the Falcons game downstairs.  Bed time is coming and we start all over again tomorrow.  However, tomorrow......both jobs!


No comments: