Sunday, August 18, 2013

Just busy

Not much to say today.  I've been busy working most days so there isn't much to share.  I wouldn't want to bore you with my work.  Not that it's bad, just not worth talking about.  The Julian house is pretty boring lately.  There's work, school, baseball will start this week for Joshua and Zach, more work and homework.  Curriculum nights are this week for the elementary school.  Of course, those are on the same nights as Joshua's practices, which I just found out.  Oh well.  That is why there is a mom AND dad.  Divide and conquer, I say.

We have also been rocking out to Guitar Hero.  I beat the Easy level and am on to Medium.  It's harder as it requires one more finger, the pinky.  I am discovering that my pinky finger isn't very strong and doesn't always do what I tell it to.  However, I did get a perfect song on the Easy level.  I didn't even know that was possible.  I've also noticed that it's much more fun when you know the song.  You can really get lost in it.

Well, I missed church again today due to work.  I have put in a schedule change request so that I could possibly work Sunday afternoons or evenings so that I don't keep missing church.  I find that I really miss that time.  I listen to Pastor Steve's podcast while I'm in the car rider line, but it just isn't the same.  I miss that family time too.  Even though we all go to different places, it's nice going together.  Hopefully that schedule change will happen.

Steven told me that Pastor Steve talked about Elijah (from the Bible) today.  Elijah (my son) was also in the service and was very eager to listen.  I've told him the story of Elijah a hundred times so that he would know the story of his namesake.  I think he enjoyed it.

Now, it's Yankess Red Sox and time to get ready for bed.  Early to rise and get everyone ready for school and off to work again.  I'm STILL getting used to working 5 days a week.  I'm trying to squeeze in all my errands on my days off.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments: