Saturday, August 3, 2013

Working Woman

I didn't realize how long it had been since I had blogged something.  I've been a bit busy lately.  I just started a new job in the call center at Medieval Times.  I've been doing that from 9-4 for training and then working the Gwinnett Braves at night.  (That's the way it will be until baseball season is over.  But it won't be every day and I work 8:30-2 at Medieval Times starting next week.)  Needless to say, it has been a  long and tiring week.

Some good things have come of it, though.  Having not worked in a real office for 13 years, I realized that I didn't have proper "business casual" attire.  So I gathered up all my boys today and we went shopping.  I started at DQ to schmooze the guys over with a blizzard.  I took them to Sugarloaf Mills and showed them where I work.  We did some shopping there (though their clothing stores leave quite a bit to be desired for my taste), bought some xbox games at Gamestop and headed off to lunch.  After Zaxby's, we went to the Mall of GA, got some shoes at DSW and finally found some things that I liked (at a decent price) at JCP.  All in all, it was a good day.  But we were all tired.  I think this picture sums it up.


I came home ready to play some Guitar Hero.  (We just received our guitar controller on Friday and bought a Guitar Hero game at Gamestop.)  However, we realized that we didn't have the appropriate adapter to attach the guitar to the xbox.  I ordered one from Amazon and hopefully I'll be rockin' out in a few days.

The biggest bummer about my new job (though it seems as though it's going to be a lot of fun!) is that I have to work on Sunday mornings.  I won't be able to go to church with my family.  It's partially my fault.  I chose Sunday over Saturday so that I could help get the boys around to baseball games.  With Steven coaching Zach, he's pretty much tied to that team.  And with JJ moving up, he will be playing at a different park. So if they have things going on at the same time (which seems to ALWAYS happen) then someone needs to take over for JJ and Elijah.  That someone will be me.  I don't think it will be permanent, but it will be that way for a while.  God and I talked about it and decided that He was in the midst already.  I have Wednesdays off as well and that is when our church usually does a women's Bible study.  I've been wanting to go for years, but I've always worked Wednesday mornings.  Not any more!  I am also going to try to listen to Pastor Steve's podcast and take my notes, as I always do, so that Steven and I can discuss the message.  That will get us talking more about it than we do now, I bet.

All in all, I'm very happy.  I've met some great people at my new job.  It's a lot to learn, but I'm excited about the opportunity.  I'm headed to a show tomorrow, my first one, to see what it is I'm making reservations for.  (Steven is jealous.)  I've heard good things so I have high expectations.

No comments: