Friday, August 16, 2013

It's fun

After a wrong shipment and long wait on the cord, we FINALLY got the cord to go along with the Guitar Hero guitar to hook it up to the Xbox.  We've been waiting close to a month.  I ordered the guitar from Amazon and, of course, the seller sent us an Othello game instead.  Go figure!  So I got a refund and then purchased another one, from a different buyer of course.  It came and we were so excited!  (We love playing this game at Dave and Buster's and were excited to know we could now play it at home!)  However, the guitar did NOT come with the cord that hooks into the Xbox.  (not stated in the seller's description.)  So I ordered a cord immediately!  In the days after that, I also ordered a case for Joshua's phone (yes, he has a cell phone now!), a screen protector, and an mp3 cord.  I received ALL of those items BEFORE I got the guitar cord.  I was starting to think that I just wasn't meant to play.  But it came in the mail yesterday.  I immediately hooked it up and started a band career.  It's really fun, more fun when you know the song you are playing.  We spent the evening playing last night and I played some when I got home from work.  I really like it!  It was definitely worth the wait.

My job is also fun.  I admit, I still get a knot in my stomach on my way.  But it gets better after that first phone call.  I really enjoy talking to the people that call in, giving them information that helps with their date night or celebrating a birthday, and helping them set up a reservation, maybe even saving them money.  Most of them are genuinely appreciative of my help and are very nice.  I've called in to too many customer service places and received nasty people on the other end that behaved as though I was just wasting their time.  I have dedicated my time at this job to NOT be that person.  I vow to do my very best to help each and every person that calls me.  I will not get annoyed or frustrated.  I will take as much time as is necessary to explain what we offer and help set it up.  If they have a question I can't answer, I'll find the answer.  If you can be patient, I can help you.
For all I know, I may be the only positive interaction that caller may have that day.  If I can show God's love and patience, even in my voice, that's what I will do.  Customer service is virtually nonexistent in most places.  I will not allow that to be said of Medieval Times.  I'm learning a lot and enjoying it as well.  I'm still getting used to working 5 days a week, but the pay off is good.  (My paycheck is helping buy my new car, which I LOVE!)  And there is still some left over for other things.  God does look out for us and He does provide!

Thank you Jesus!

No comments: