Wednesday, August 7, 2013

School days....School days

What a fun day!  But first things first....

I went to work for the first official time after training on Tuesday.  I spent part of the morning listening to another rep take calls and I was putting the info into the computer.  Then I spent some time talking on the calls while the other rep did the computer work.  I think I did ok.  But then she left at 1:30 and I was working until 2.  So I asked my supervisor if she wanted me to take calls.  Of course she said yes.  Then I remembered that I didn't know how to log into the phone system.  (I logged myself in using info from my notes, but I wasn't getting any calls.  Then I realized I was logged into the training system.  Ha!)  So my supervisor got me logged in and I took about 4 phone calls before I went home.  It was such a relief to get those first ones out of the way!  I had today off but will be back at it tomorrow.

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!  I put 2 kids on the bus and drove 3 more to school today.  (1 mine and 2 other middle schoolers from our neighborhood)  It was bitter sweet.  Thankfully we are past the point of everyone being nervous about starting school.  (Next year we won't be since Zach will start middle school.)  So it was fairly uneventful. 

The best part of the day was lunch with my neighbor.  She put her youngest child on the bus for the first time today starting kindergarten.  She got a bit teary eyed putting her on the bus, which made her daughter cry as well. It was sweet.  I remember doing that just a couple of years ago with Elijah.  I lost it as soon as the bus drove away.  Anyway, we had set up a lunch date months ago so she and I could enjoy some adult time without children anywhere near!  It was great!  We went to CFA and talked and ate for about 2 hours!  No interruptions.  Then she came back to my house for a little tour (we were comparing houses).  What a blessing!  It was a lot of fun.

Then I went to pick up the kids from elementary school.  I sat in the line for about 30 minutes before I got the kids.  Then I got razzed because my kids had to get into the street to get into the driver side door of my van (the passenger side doesn't work.  Looking at getting a new car).  They both had good days in 2nd and 5th grade.   Zach doesn't know the name of the person that sat next to him all day and Elijah forgot the homework that was written in his agenda and was referenced on a note from the teacher.  Not a great way to start. But they each had a good day.

Then Joshua gets home from 7th grade.  He said it was boring because they just went over rules and stuff.  Teachers can get pretty long winded when they want to.  But everyone is home safe and sound and ready to go back tomorrow.  Yay!

No comments: