Monday, July 29, 2013

Not tonight...

I really do have a headache.  I've had one off and on for a few days now.  So bad yesterday that I took a nap and actually considered NOT going to the Braves game with my family.  (Thankfully I decided to go and had a great time!)

But now I'm sitting here and I've had a nagging ache in my head ALL day long.  More so now that I'm home.  I've taken Ibubrofen and slept, but it's still hanging around.  After typing this, I will probably get ready for bed and hope maybe that helps too.

I started training at my new job today.  It was long, longer than days I've had at work in a long time, but profitable. I gathered a lot of information and am compiling it into a notebook that will hopefully help me when I go live on the phones.  I also met a few new people.  Not just the trainer, but the 3 other people who are being trained with me.  We are quite an array of people: 2 mothers of 3, a grandmother/financial planner and a Kennesaw State nursing student.  I also met someone who has worked there a few weeks.  And, wouldn't you know, she ends up being the wife of a former Gwinnett Brave!  I was so excited!  That was very cool!  I enjoyed talking to her about where he is now and what he is doing.  Also about baseball behind the scenes and my oldest son's desire to make it big.  All in all, it was a good day.  (Not to mention that there is a Starbucks just next to where I work and the soda machine in the break room that contains Mountain Dew is only $.30!!!!)  I'm in trouble!

It was nice to come home too.  I had left JJ in charge of the boys today and left some things for them to do.  Amazingly enough, all but one of those things was done.  (It even included an hour of reading time of books I previously okayed.)  Sparky met me at the door more excited than I have seen him in a long time.  (He hasn't left my side since!  He's even lying on the bed next to me now.)  Joshua was next, followed by Zach and, eventually, Elijah.  All boys said they had missed me.  I missed them too. However, at this point, with as much time as we've spent together over the last 13 years, I think it's a positive thing.  (Absence makes the heart grow fonder.)  They told me a bit about their days and I suggested we go to the pool for a bit.  Two of them jumped up and down yelling "Yes" while Joshua said, "I would be interested in doing that."  We enjoyed the sun and the water....and each other's company.  (When was the last time that happened?????)

Now, we are fulfilling our Monday night ritual.  The boys are downstairs watching WWE Monday Night RAW while Steven and I are upstairs watching the Braves (getting exciting now since they are making a comeback!).  Now, I will wash my face, get my pjs and watch the rest of the game from the comfort of my bed, under the covers.  Work again tomorrow, hopefully no headache, and plans to run in the morning.

Good Night!

No comments: