Thursday, July 17, 2014

God really DOES use everything!

Remember yesterday's post?  (I know some of you do because you asked me to come do it at your house!)  I started cleaning Zach's tornado room and ended up organizing everyone's room and their closets and clothes.  I didn't know why.  I just got motivated to do it after I started.  Well, today I found out why.

A dear friend that I used to work with had a family member experience a house fire this week. The family, with 3 kids, were left with nothing.  Everything was a total loss.  They just so happen to have a son just younger than Elijah.  After cleaning out the closets, I had a bag full of Elijah's old clothes that would fit this little boy who had lost everything.  A horrible tragedy for the family, but God prepared us to help.  I also had the kids go through their toys and they brought out several things to give to this family so the kids could have something to play with.  And this family is being blessed, sometimes by complete strangers, with clothes, toys, toiletries, gift cards, etc.  Just more proof that terrible things still happen, but God can use those things for His glory and work in the midst of them.  God is good, all the time!

So I'm so glad that I cleaned those closets yesterday and was able to help out that family.  God apparently wanted me to as well.  He wants us to help each other when in need.  That is one of the many ways we can show God's love to others in a practical way.

No comments: