Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A fun family day

What a great day!  After sleeping in until almost 10am (I couldn't sleep last night), I took the kids bowling and then we went to the Gwinnett Braves game.  I got to watch!  (I had the night off.)

Bowling was a blast!  The kids enjoy it so much.  We aren't very good at it, which would probably make my parents cringe.  They were in bowling leagues when I was a kid.  Garalyn and I spent every Friday night, at least, at the bowling alley.  Anyway, it turns out that Elijah (yes, Elijah!) won both games!  I can't remember his first game score, but his 2nd was 109!  Not bad for a 7 year old.  Yes, he was using bumpers, but still!  Now, if I could only get him to bowl by putting his fingers in the holes!


Zach did great too.  He's a bit crazy but, after watching him, I think I've decided he has the best bowling arm.  He can make the ball spin pretty well for his age and skill level.  He was using bumpers too, but did a great job.  He made a few spares.  Here, he just missed a strike.

 
JJ, however, had a rough day.  He is very competitive so, when he started out not doing so well (he got 129 last time we went), then he just got frustrated.  That only made him bowl worse.  The angrier he got, the worse he did.  He was so upset that his brothers were beating him, he just couldn't hit any of the pins.  I told him to just relax and have fun.  He said it's hard to have fun when you stink.  He really is competitive!  He finally did get some spares.



After a great afternoon of bowling, we decided to head over to Coolray Field to see a game.  I had the night off, it was 2 for 1 if the kids wore their rec jerserys, and Brandon Beachy was making a rehab start against Jair Jurrjens.  We couldn't pass it up!  Unfortunately, it decided to rain on and off while we were there.  Not too big of a deal, unless you are there with Elijah.  Luckily, it didn't rain too hard and we were able to go back to our seats.  The GBraves made it interesting, but ended up losting 4-3.  Jair Jurrjens got a nice hand when he left the game, which I thought was nice.  We were sitting by 3rd base where Alden Carrithers made a few very nice plays, but Stefan Gartrell got stranded there way too many times.  It was fun though. 



JJ caught 2 balls from the players as there were coming to the dugout.
 
With the storms in the area, the sky sure was pretty.
 
 
 
 


All in all, it was a great day.  But I'm beat.  Time for bed.  Good night!

No comments: