Saturday, July 27, 2013

Perspective

I spend a lot of my time frustrated.  At my husband, my kids, financial situations, job situations, etc.  I would hate to see how much of my life I have spent that way.  I'm sure it would be overwhelming!  Then, I got a little perspective.

A friend, a girl I've know for years (since she was a teenager, maybe before.  She was in the first youth group I ever volunteered in), just found out that she has lymphoma.  It was a very sudden thing, but very devastating.  She discovered a lump Thursday and was in chemo on Sunday the following week.  She spends 5 days in the hospital getting aggressive chemo treatments.  In that time, she can't see her 4 beautiful girls or go outside.  She will be doing this for several months, I believe.  I read a blog she posted yesterday and it brought tears to my eyes.  Not just in pain for her and her family, but in how I have wasted so much time fuming over things that don't really matter.  She is facing a life and death situation and is praising God through the whole thing.  She has a faith that I can only dream of.  I was so convicted and encouraged by her message.  (Maybe that's why she is going through this trial.  To help me and people like me increase their faith and make Jesus a bigger part of their lives.)  I long to live that kind of life, but it almost seems impossible.  I know in my head that I need to make Jesus a bigger part of my life, but I don't follow through.  (I get so upset at Steven sometimes for not following through on things.  Now look at me!)  I don't know if I'm scared or intimidated or feeling unworthy.  I haven't put my finger on it yet.  I'm praying for God's help.

In the meantime, I will also pray for Andrea and continue to read her blog.  That may be all the encouragement I need.

Hang in there, Andrea!  We are all with you!

2 comments:

Naomi Pollock said...

You are doing a great job xx

SJ said...

Thanks sis! Miss you1