Friday, July 5, 2013

Here we go again!

I was just reading over my old posts.  I can't believe it's been almost 2 years since I posted here!  I remember it being very therapeutic, so I'm not so sure why I stopped.  Busyness, I guess.  So much has happened, so I'll catch you up and we'll start from there.

I still work for the Gwinnett Braves in the summers during baseball season.  I am the game day receptionist so I answer the phones, check tickets, and assists fans on the 3rd floor suite level.  During the school year I still work at Perimeter Church doing child care.


Steven is a financial advisor still, but has changed companies.  He went independent and now works with Cornerstone Private Client Group.


Joshua is 12 3/4.  (He will be 13 in September.  Yes!  A teenager!)  He is going into 7th grade at Hull Middle School.  He is taking 4 gifted classes, playing travel baseball, and is a great babysitter to his brothers.  He loves WWE and knows everything there is to know about sports.  We have nicknamed him "Captain Comment" because he always has something to say.


Zach just turned 10.  He's going into 5th grade, so he's almost done with elementary school.  He enjoys WWE, chess and astronomy, but not reading and writing.  I'm teaching him to type this summer.  He has played soccer, baseball, done tae kwon do and is now taking piano lessons.  His teacher says he is very good and should really stick with it.


Elijah is 7 and is going into 2nd grade.  (Hard to believe after my last post.  I cried when I read that.  It seems so long ago!)  He is doing well.  He likes school and routine of it all.  Summer is harder for him.  He has learned to bathe himself and loves doing WWE moves to his stuffed animals.  He still is a picky eater, but that is typical for someone with his disorder.  He likes fruit so we keep shoveling that in.

 


We still live in the same house.  Strange, really.  We've lived here 5 years which is the longest we've lived ANYWHERE since we got married.  Sometimes I feel myself getting antsy like we should move again.  But I like everything about where we live, except the age of our house.  It needs a lot of updating.  Slowly but surely we are bringing it to the 21st century.

We still attend The Bridge Church in Lawrenceville.  We took a short break and attended a Methodist church, but that wasn't a good fit.  The Bridge got a new pastor and youth pastor and things are working out very well.  I'm still trying to figure out where God wants me to serve there.  I'm trying to avoid the kids' ministry because of my kids and the fact that I already work with kids.  Still searching.

I'm going to try and keep this updated, for you as well as me.  I find that I have no one other than Steven to talk to about things on a regular basis, so this may help get my thoughts straight.  Thanks for listening.

No comments: