Tuesday, July 16, 2013

God is good!

It's been a few days.  Sorry.  Lots of things going on around here, good and bad. 

Sunday night we were up late watching WWE Money In The Bank PPV that my kids purchased WITH THEIR OWN MONEY.  They had an absolute blast.  I don't care for professional wrestling myself and I really wish they would get into something different.  But seeing the enjoyment they experienced that night was totally worth it.  What a great time!

Last night we were up late watching the Home Run Derby.  (Well, 4 of us were.  Elijah was upstairs watching WWE Raw.  The other 2 chose to miss a week to see the derby which only happens once a year.  But not Elijah.  Usually when we try to do family stuff, it ends up being 4 of us.  Elijah is not really the joiner.  He's much better in his routine.  Result of the SPD, I guess.)  It was fun.  There wasn't a Brave in the running, but we love seeing the long shots those guys can hit.  Wow!  (I even found the Triple A Home Run Derby online and watched Gwinnett Brave Ernesto Mejia hit a few!)  They stayed up to see the celebrity softball game, but Sparky and I went to bed.

Despite many other not so good things that have happened over the last few days, today was a good day!  Let me share a bit of background......

Money has been a bit tight around here since Steven changed jobs.  It's just until his production gets back up, I realize.  But it's been tough.  I'm always trying to figure out how I can help.  I mean, I do have a college degree.  However, being out of work for 13 years doesn't endear you to companies.  So I work for the Gwinnett Braves, but that's only seasonal.  It will end in September.  I usually work at Perimeter Church taking care of 1 year olds.  I've been looking for something else, but haven't been able to find anything suitable, so I keep going back every fall.  (It's just through the school year.)  But this summer I've had a strong aversion to going back there.  The people are great and I cherish the friendships I've made there.  But the thought of changing one more dirty diaper or dealing with one more screaming child.....I just couldn't do it.  Steven and I discussed it and agreed.  I am not going back.  But what will I do instead?

Well, Steven wants me to help him with admin stuff.  I am more than willing to do that, and have some, but that doesn't pay me.  It helps him, but it's not enough work to warrant me doing just that.  So I put a resume on monster.com and started looking for part time work.  I like my flexibility of schedule and don't really want to give that up.  Plus I still have some young kids at home that I would like to be there for.  Well, I found an opening at Medieval Times at Sugarloaf Mills.  They were looking for someone in their call center.  That's basically what I do now with the Braves.  So I applied.  The following day I got a phone call.  We set up an interview for the following day, today, and I went.   They hired me on the spot!  I am so excited!  I can't wait to learn more about their show and the people involved.  And it's all year round.  They also took into consideration the fact that I would rather work during the day when my kids are at school so I can be home with them.  I look forward to seeing where this takes me.

God is so good.  He knew I didn't want to go back to taking care of children.  That stage in my life has passed.  Not a week after I told my boss that I wouldn't be returning, this job opportunity came up.  And, in a matter of days I got the job.  He certainly does take care of me.  I am so grateful.  May I never forget that all good things come from God.  Wow!

Now the boys are taking me to dinner to celebrate, after I do a market research study.  (That's another thing I do to make money.  It's fun and pays well.)  Thank you, Jesus.  Cast your cares upon Him because He cares for you!

No comments: