Saturday, July 6, 2013

Sweet Moments

It's been a long weekend already.  Lots of hours working, which I don't mind because I enjoy my job at the stadium.  But it makes me tired and I just don't like being at work when my family is home.  I just feel like I haven't seen much of them lately.  Sometimes that is good though.  I am home with them so much that they never have a chance to miss me.  Mom is just always around.  At least when I go to work, the miss me and am glad when I come home.

Tonight, I got home just after 11 and the bottom of the house was dark.  I put my stuff down and went upstairs.  I noticed that Zach's door was closed and I heard voices.  I knocked on the door and opened it up to find Zach and Elijah listening to Braves historic moments on his MP3 player.  I said hello to them.  Elijah's face lit up.  He smiled, said "Hi Mom" and got off the bed to come give me a hug.  That, in and of itself, was worth the 6 hours that I worked tonight.

I proceeded to talk to Zach as well and then went off to see Joshua.  I enjoy talking to them and asking them what they did and how their night was.  Those are things I don't get to ask when we are together all day.  I enjoy listening to them and seeing how their minds work.  They are great kids and I am so blessed to have them.

I would be remiss, though, if I didn't mention Steven.  He does a great job taking care of the boys while I'm at work.  He feeds them, plays with them, takes them out.  They are all very understanding and supportive of me working nights.  Thanks hon!  I couldn't do it without you!

No comments: