Sunday, July 21, 2013

I'm sitting here watching Fever Pitch.  (For about the millionth time.  A must see for every Red Sox fan!)  I'm thinking over the last few days and realizing how blessed I am.  I have spent a lot of time fussing and griping because I don't have this or that.  But I have everything that I need and God always takes care of the rest.

Steven took Joshua and Zach to Six Flags yesterday.  (All 3 tickets were free.  That is a blessing in and of itself!)  They had a blast...until it started raining...again.  And I mean storming to the point that Six Flags shut down the rides.  It ended up raining for the rest of the night, lightning and all.  I'm glad they had fun, but I'm glad they came home when they did.  I'm also super glad that Elijah and I didn't go.  Elijah wouldn't have liked the rain at all!

Elijah and I went to Dave and Buster's (1/2 price games on Wednesday) and had a blast.  However, halfway through Elijah said he was done.  I made him play Fruit Ninja about 10 more times so we could get some more tickets.  (There is still credit on his card for more games!!)  But he got a Nerd rope (candy), a koozie to keep in the car and he got me a tumbler with straw that I can use at work.  We then went to Happy Hour at Steak N Shake and had lunch at CFA.  It was nice to spend that time with just my youngest son.  Then he got to spend some time with his Grandaddy and that was great too.

Tonight we went to the end of season party for Joshua's travel team.  It was great to see him interact with his teammates in a different setting.  It was also nice to hear some of the things his coach had to say about him. Tryouts for the next travel team are the 28th so we are praying that it goes well.  What a great group of kids....and parents!

No comments: